Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And, we go! Welcome to my blog!

2010 has just been launched and so has the e[M]otion i[M]ages blog!

Choosing a first blog post is challenging as it can set the theme for all to come.  I was at a loss for what to do...until today..

A few months ago a friend and fellow photographer sent me a link to the Audubon Magazine's annual Natures Best photo competition.  Audubon magazine is the Nat Geo to the birding community and it's images are created by some of the worlds best photogs.   I toiled over which images I could submit..after all, I love photographing birds and I have thousands of bird images to choose from.  I narrowed it down to four I thought were the best I had to offer and sent them off well ahead of the October 2009 deadline and waited for a response..and waited...and waited.

A few months later I recv'd an email thanking me for my submission which I assumed was the thanks-but-not-thanks and I promptly forgot about the contest.  Until today..

Another friend emailed me that he had come across two of my images among the top 100 images submitted!!  There were over 16,000 images from well over 2,500 photogs around the world and 100 were selected for publication in Audubon Mag's online publication, and I had two images chosen!!

Follow the link to Audubon Magazine...  If you float you cursor over the images in the montage they will expand larger. 

You can click on the above images and be taken directly to my web gallery...

So, I didn't win anything big, but I sure got some bragging rights!!

In any event...this will serve as a means of keeping those interested updated with what's going on..track the progress of my photography exploits, share family events and just be a dumping ground for my mental ramblings.  Check back often...and feel free to leave comments!!

2 comments:

  1. Big Congratulations to fellow WCC member on having your magnificent photos published online on Audubon Magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, thank you. Though I didn't actually win, I am no less humbled by the experience. There were a few lessons learned along the way, only a few of which were photographic!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete